Shared Ip

Newbie here.

When I log into my Cpanel, there is this entry, "Shared IP : 216.218.192.170" in the left panel along with lot of other stuff.

And when i go there, the page shows "Helio host account queued". But i have no problem using my account, its perfectly working well at aurabindo.in

So what is this Shared IP ?

Thanks

Aurabindo

if you have a permanent IP then you can access the web site with domain name or the IP. For example check my web site smartwebs.in it is on a permanent IP 67.23.166.12 , you can access my site with both name even my another site on it techstream.org [Was on Helio servers before] sits one same server with same IP, it can also be accessed with 67.23.166.12/techstream/ That is what permanent IP is the web server does nothing other that pointing the traffic to the respective files.

Shared IP means that many site point to that IP, the Server(or name server) with that IP gets the request and then resolves the traffic according to the domain name redirects the traffic to its necessary files in present in the server.

So when you request the ip instead of domain the server displays the page its told to do, that is in helio host admins have set a queue page or its by default i don't know the settings of server, but the mechanism is true for all server.

and

aurabindo Welcome to Helio Net community.