Best Ways To Promote Blog?

npl

Hey I want my site www.borealtrek.com to gain some traction on the web. I am already on Twitter, Facebook and G+. I update all of those social networks daily and yet have I gotten none traffic from them. The only real source of traffic is from here, friends, and my personal G+ account.

I am looking to expand and share because I think I have quality content. What do you think would be the best strategy or services for me to help me promote my blog?

Thanks for the help?! =)

I am getting a lot of traffic from here as well. I did not expect that.

I also get traffic I guess from bots targeting WordPress sites. I'm always having to decline comments. I have it set so they do not post with out my permission.

I would recommend joining LinkedIn and put your link in your professional profile.

Also as far as Twitter, Facebook and Google+ is concerned I have found Klout.com to be a little addicting. It lets you know how well you reach your target audience.

Anyway, these are not exactly SEO but I do track through alexa.com and Google Analytics. If you mention Google and Alexa on your site it really does help your rank and a better rank means more traffic and the ability to sell ad space on your site (monetize). Not a ton but it makes a slight positive difference.

Also putting a link that lets your users add the Alexa toolbar will definitely improve your score because Alexa really only counts users who go to your site and already have the toolbar

But I hate having too many tool bars so I do not offer this link on my site.

Posting your links on "relevant" forums will increase your traffic. Spamming forums will probably get you a bad rep. Not that you would. I am just listing general tips. Most forums monitor their topics closely anyway and some will not let you even put a signature on your profile until you have been with them for a certain amount of time.

Can you link your account to Flicker? That seems to be relevant to your content.

Also Four Square, Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, etc.?

Still not exactly what you are looking for but it doesn't hurt to approach from all angles.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...