Server instability.

Guest xaav

It has come to our attention that due to some problems occurring on both stevie and johnny, users may experience increased instability and downtime. We are aware of this issue and are working as fast as possible to fix the problem.

As a result of the technical difficulties we are currently experiencing, FTP and MySQL is currently non-functional on Stevie. Meanwhile, all services on Johnny are going very slow (approx 20 seconds to load) and has some intermittent downtimes.

Please refer to this new page for the latest server statuses.

Main Server Status Site: http://area52.heliohost.org/serverstatus/

Backup Server Status (incase the site above is down): http://area51.heliohost.org/serverstatus/

Thanks you for your cooperation :)

Sorry guys, this is the result of attempting to run upcp (and increasing package disk space) on Stevie. At this point I think it's better to leave those running. The disk space increaser it on the Vs (it goes alphabetically), and once it finishes upcp should finish soon. The limit they both reached was RAM, surprisingly.

At this point Johnny has finished all the tasks I gave him over the night and should be okay.

Stevie's done with the disk space increase. Now he's just trying to finish upcp.

@leiban - Your welcome :)

The maintenance on Stevie has completed in the last two hours. However, cPanel is currently unavailable as djbob needs to reupload the license. Thank you for your cooperation in this essential maintenance. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Stevie seems to be down again awhile ago, i was editing some posts until suddenly getting "The connection was reset" error a few minutes ago.

Another maintenance? or unknown issue(ie. server load was too high)?

if there is an account that causing the down time (ie. due to very high load) that account should be suspended and punished not to be able to renew the account for a few days (or something like that), so they won't keeps causing down time over and over within a short time.

I can see Johnny still running even when it has a really high server load, it rarely down.

Actually, this is due to a backlog of accounts that need to be deleted.

thanks for the clarification :)

@jje: sorry for bumpin into an almost old topic ^_^ since this topic seems to be the most suitable with what i'm going to post, and since this topic hasn't been closed yet, so i chooses it.