[Solved] All Outgoing mails Fail

seintitus

When I pointed the DNS issue out the other day, the main A record was simply incorrect. It looks like Krydos moved the account to .77 instead of just updating the A record to match everything else that was already set to the other IP.

Escalating again...

Edited by wolstech
Clarify

Actually the issue is you didn't log into your account for 4 months. When an account is reactivated after being archived the DKIM, SPF, and DMARC records aren't automatically recreated for you. To prevent this from happening again please remember to log into your account every 30 days, or donate $30+ to our current fundraiser to get early access to Morty which won't have inactivity suspensions. https://www.gofundme.com/f/heliohosts-morty-server

SPF, DKIM, and DMARC have been recreated. I recommend sending a test email to https://www.mail-tester.com/ to make sure everything is set up correctly. If the score is anything less than 10/10 link the report so we can help you fix it.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] All Outgoing mails Fail

Post the link to the report, not a screenshot of it. Based on the screenshot though, I'm pretty sure you just sent a spammy looking email rather than anything being configured wrong. Send a real email and you should get 10/10.

If you're getting a 10/10 on mail tester, there really isn't anything more you can do beside try to tweak the content or find another mail provider to send from.

Email from our servers (including our own invites and reminder emails) goes to spam on some providers (Gmail being the most notable). Gmail usually puts all mail from our IPs as spam if it delivers at all (though if you "not spam" it once or twice it'll start delivering for your account). Microsoft and Yahoo were delivering normally last I heard though sometimes they will temporarily reject our mail if someone sends spam or phishing from our servers. Protonmail delivers.

Web.de and gmx are rejecting our mail entirely (never even makes it to spam, they just discard it without delivering). Had a user 2 weeks ago get bit by that.

It's because our servers are also used to send phishing and spam. We ban abusive users like these when we find out about them, but unfortunately in a lot of cases we only find out about them because they sent their junk and someone reported it.

9 hours ago, seintitus said:

registration emails are delivered to spam folder instead of inbox.

I would consider that a success. Most people know to check spam. Spam box is better than deleted without even being delivered.

• Krydos locked this topic