[Solved] Exec() enabling at plesk, and some questions! (Install Python Modules)

yannisp

Hello! Congratulations for everything you providing! I yesterday started to host my educational page on helio. I am noob plesk user but it's easy as far i can see and i am not having problems uploading my stuff and use your hosting. My site is to help student's of multimedia,web and app design greek schools by letting them practice to the questions of the final exams for this object's certification. I am using some string comparing algo's throught php but for giving the best precision to my guest i need to run a python script (a genshim's library short coded algo that returns the similarity score comparing user's and the correct answer). It's working locally to my pc xampp etc but i can't find the php.ini to plesk or a way to enable exec and run mu python script! Can you help me please? My other question is how many sites can be hosted to an account! Thank you!!!!

Oh, i forgot to say that i am using Tommy (donated(the less for now  :( )) and i am using php 8.1.19 fastgci(apache). Should i upgrade to the next version so i can use my python scripts easier? thank you again!

Exec is intentionally disabled for security reasons. Python is supported, but you have to develop and run them directly as CGI, you can't run python from PHP here (and to be honest, this is the first time I've heard of someone actually doing that, it's not standard practice)

There is currently no limit to the number of sites that can be hosted in an account at the moment (assuming they all fit in your disk space quota), though we've debated adding a domain limit since we've had a few users ask for way too many domains (each domain on the server slows down the server even if it's not being actively used).

• wolstech changed the title to [Krydos] Exec() enabling at plesk, and some questions! (Install Python Modules)
  • Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Exec() enabling at plesk, and some questions! (Install Python Modules)
  • Krydos locked this topic