[Inactive] Alternative way to pay for VPS

amalgd

Yeah that's a known issue, we can't take recurring payments from India due to their unusual banking regulations.

Krydos can generate a link for a one-time payment that will work in India. We also take crypto using any of the wallets shown here: https://heliohost.org/donate/ (You'll need to let us know if you donate that way so we can go find the payment)

Keep in mind that Krydos might require users doing non-recurring payments to purchase 6 months at a time due to the fact we have to manually process it (normally it's all automated, but the automation requires the recurring subscription that doesn't work).

5 hours ago, amalgd said:

I cannot use Paypal currently. Is there an alternative way to make the payment?

We don't currently have any other option other than PayPal. Even the one-time payment links are processed by PayPal. We've had a lot of issues with PayPal in India so we're thinking about setting up a new account. Two of our staff live in India and they assure us that PayPal works perfectly fine for Indians. One of the things I've heard is that you may need to get a special card that allows foreign transactions. Apparently some Indian cards only work within India. I've also heard that with some cards foreign payments are disabled by default, but if you call your bank they can enable them for you without getting a new card. I've heard that the unusual banking regulation in India that Wolstech is referring to is PayPal isn't allowed to keep your card information on file to bill you automatically each month. We've had two Indian VPS customers let us know that the subscriptions won't work for them. Every other country in the world allows subscriptions like that. I don't live in India so I can only tell you the various things I've heard. I've never done any of this myself.

If you can get PayPal to work you can use this link to pay $21.60 USD for 6 months of Mercury VPS. Like Wolstech already said we don't currently accept one-time payments for 1 month VPS because it requires manual verification and I don't want to have to verify 85 one-time payments each month. We are planning on implementing a non-recurring payment system where you would receive an email reminding you to pay each month and giving you the link to do so, but that isn't done yet.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PVMKBAM8A7TDL

If you get the payment to work next go to

https://heliohost.org/vps/username/?mem=1&cpu=2&hdd=50&os=ubuntu22&sub=6month

and submit a username, password, and agree to the terms. When it asks you to pay again just close your browser and reply to this forum post to let us know the username you picked. Then I can link the payment to the VPS and get it built for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Krydos changed the title to [Inactive] Alternative way to pay for VPS