[Solved] Website Disabled

retrope

I have a problem when entering my account domains, my website can no longer be seen, only the default plesk screen is displayed. Could you please enable my websites as always found, thanks.

Websites: radioretroperu.com , fmlima.com

Hi @retrope,

We have run a domain cleaning that looks for Cloudflare hosted DNS domains and check their .well-known directory to make sure they are still being hosted with us (because the way Cloudflare works, by proxying DNS records, we are unable to verify if a domain using its services is hosted with us otherwise). Please make sure your .well-known directory is accessible through your domain (i.e., yourdomain.com/.well-known/) by checking your .htaccess file rules and/or directory permissions, this will prevent your domain from being disabled in the future.

As for enabling your (sub)domains, you can do that on your Plesk panel by clicking on your domain (if its data isn't showing) and then on its status just change it to "Activate" or "Enable":

image.png.86096875c7fac6c3a0596f4e1016349a.png 

If you face any problems in enabling your (sub)domains, please answer this topic to let us know so I can escalate the issue to our root admins.

PS.: Since your account was not suspended or queued, I have moved your topic to our Customer Service section.

39 minutes ago, Kairion said:

Hi @retrope,

We have run a domain cleaning that looks for Cloudflare hosted DNS domains and check their .well-known directory to make sure they are still being hosted with us (because the way Cloudflare works, by proxying DNS records, we are unable to verify if a domain using its services is hosted with us otherwise). Please make sure your .well-known directory is accessible through your domain (i.e., yourdomain.com/.well-known/) by checking your .htaccess file rules and/or directory permissions, this will prevent your domain from being disabled in the future.

As for enabling your (sub)domains, you can do that on your Plesk panel by clicking on your domain (if its data isn't showing) and then on its status just change it to "Activate" or "Enable":

image.png.86096875c7fac6c3a0596f4e1016349a.png 

If you face any problems in enabling your (sub)domains, please answer this topic to let us know so I can escalate the issue to our root admins.

PS.: Since your account was not suspended or queued, I have moved your topic to our Customer Service section.

Thanks for your support. I have activated the subdomains of my domains, however I still see the plesk notice. Will it take time to recover? How will my two domains be restored? I am not very clear about the .well-known file.

9 minutes ago, retrope said:

Thanks for your support. I have activated the subdomains of my domains, however I still see the plesk notice. Will it take time to recover? How will my two domains be restored? I am not very clear about the .well-known file.

(Sub)Domain changes can take up to 2 hours to get effect. As for the .well-known directory/folder, you should check if your .htaccess (on your httpdocs/public_html directory/folder) has a rule that could prevent it from being accessed. If you're not sure, you can post your .htaccess file here and we can check it for you.

8 hours ago, Kairion said:

(Sub)Domain changes can take up to 2 hours to get effect. As for the .well-known directory/folder, you should check if your .htaccess (on your httpdocs/public_html directory/folder) has a rule that could prevent it from being accessed. If you're not sure, you can post your .htaccess file here and we can check it for you.

Thanks for your reply. I have waited long enough and I can say that the websites have been recovered. As for the .htaccess file, this is its structure. What changes would I have to make? Thank you very much for your support.

.htaccess

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/acme-challenge/[0-9a-zA-Z_-]+$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/pki-validation/[A-F0-9]{32}\.txt(?:\ Comodo\ DCV)?$
RewriteRule ^ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

After further investigation, we determined that the file-based verification we recently implemented is incompatible with CloudFlare (among other things...it broke Lily accounts which can intentionally have domains on plesk that don't point to it, and possibly domains with redirected roots as well).

You can just turn the domains back on for now.

1 hour ago, wolstech said:

After further investigation, we determined that the file-based verification we recently implemented is incompatible with CloudFlare (among other things...it broke Lily accounts which can intentionally have domains on plesk that don't point to it, and possibly domains with redirected roots as well).

You can just turn the domains back on for now.

It's ok, I finally understand that I shouldn't edit anything, the domains and sub domains seem to be working fine. If I have any other problem, I'll ask here in the forum. Anything final that I should know? otherwise, this would be all. thank you so much wolstech.

Not for the moment no.

We're not going to use the method we used yesterday again for CF users since it was incompatible, but we might try another cleanup when we have a better solution for CF. If we do that and they get disabled again, let us know.

2 hours ago, wolstech said:

Not for the moment no.

We're not going to use the method we used yesterday again for CF users since it was incompatible, but we might try another cleanup when we have a better solution for CF. If we do that and they get disabled again, let us know.

Thank you, only to inform that this is the second time that this problem occurs, also this problem causes many files to be deleted from my domains and subdomains. Thank you so much.

On 3/24/2023 at 6:39 PM, retrope said:

also this problem causes many files to be deleted from my domains and subdomains

Hi @retrope,

Just to let you know, I have confirmed with our root admins and that Cloudflare script just disabled (sub)domains, it never changed or removed any of their contents.