[Solved] Request for Server Change

mattryanflnt

Hi there.  I'm looking to move my services from a shared server, to a VPS Mercury plan.

At this time, the lack of access to root features is too restrictive for me on a shared server.  

Please let me know what you need on my end to make this happen

Thank you,

I don't really require anything to be moved over to the VPS, as I haven't added a whole lot yet.  As long as I can have remote connections enabled on the postgres servers I create, and view/edit the postgresql configuration files, that will be everything I need for now.

I see your request in the system. My guess is you should receive the invite email within 24-72 hours or so. It's kind of hard to guess how many people will accept their invite and how many people will cancel their VPS in the next few days so it's not a guaranteed timeframe.

As far as enabling remote connections to PostgreSQL on a Ubuntu 22 VPS this guide should help you https://tecadmin.net/postgresql-allow-remote-connections/ I would use scram-sha-256 instead of MD5 like the guide says though. MD5 has been obsolete for about 6 years now so people should really update their guides.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Request for Server Change
  • Krydos locked this topic