MySQL Hosting

bdubstudio

Hello

I am looking to host a MySQL service, and I came across HelioHost in the process. I am more than happy to pay for a service, at the time I checked it appears only VPS options are available. They are at a modest price point, I was just curious if it's possible / what it looks like to set up MySQL hosting on them?

34 minutes ago, bdubstudio said:

Hello

I am looking to host a MySQL service, and I came across HelioHost in the process. I am more than happy to pay for a service, at the time I checked it appears only VPS options are available. They are at a modest price point, I was just curious if it's possible / what it looks like to set up MySQL hosting on them?

You can sign up for free shared hosting but signups are only available at midnight UTC

The shared hosting can be used as a mysql host as moneybrz said above. First 1000MB is free at midnight as above, for more space it's $5 per 1000MB up to a max of 5000MB for larger accounts (one time fee).

That said, if you need space beyond 5000MB or you want control over mysql's configuration/version/etc., you can buy a VPS for as little as $4/month, though if you plan on running large queries on the database server an extra GB of RAM to improve performance would be a good idea: https://heliohost.org/vps/ (there's a wait list at the moment).

• Like 1