Recovery going well

Krydos

The HelioHost staff have been working tirelessly for the last 12 hours, and we're happy to announce that we've already completed the repairs on heliohost.org, and we have both nameservers running again. The next step is getting Tommy back online. We're going to let the backup run through the rest of the night and we should be able to get Tommy powered on sometime tomorrow as long as everything goes well.

• Like 3

The way I see it the internet is basically like the wild west of the US from back in the day. If you're not familiar with the wild west term, basically lawlessness was rampant, and bank robbers, train robbers, and highwaymen were extremely common. Everyone carried a gun to protect themselves because it was too big of an area to have enough sheriffs and deputies to protect everyone. Eventually we got it under control though and there are hardly any bank robberies or anything like that anymore. Eventually the internet will be better protected and criminals will become less common. Part of the problem is VMWare writing extremely buggy software with thousands of vulnerabilities.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ojplanet said:

Thanks… but as of today I can't login through heliohost.org (no response from server. Try again in a bit)… and my site https://ojplanet.ga can't be reached… 

Did you read this news post?

Or did you read this news post that you replied to?

On 2/4/2023 at 5:56 AM, Krydos said:

The next step is getting Tommy back online.

Since you're on Tommy, and the Tommy server is down, it makes sense that you would get no response from the server, and your website can't be reached. When Tommy is back up we'll make a news post to let you know.

• Like 1

• Krydos locked this topic