[Solved] Problems to log in my account.

phradham

Hi,

First I had an account that I couldn't access in Johnny server [phradham]

Then I made a donation so hopefully this account and all the content will be moved to another server with Plesk

While Waiting I got an invitation to create an account in Tommy server [dhammadh]

This account [dhammadh] was working ok until got archived

Then I followed the steps to put my website online again [dhammadh] and after a day, now I am unable to log in

When I checked my emails I got an email that my old account [phradham] was moved successfully to the new server with plesk

But now, I can't login in any account.

[phradham] only show a message "Your account has already been transferred to Plesk."

[dhammadh] shows an error "Unable to login with that username and password."

Reset the password is not implemented, but I am sure I didn't change the password and something else is going on.

https://heliohost.org/login/

What can I do?

First thing's first, which one do you want to keep? You're only allowed to have one account, so the other needs to be deleted.

If you want to keep phradham, you should use the password you used for cpanel (we can reset it if you forgot it). If you want dhammadh, Krydos needs to look at it (considering it worked until archived then not after it was unarchived, it makes me think the password didn't restore correctly).

• Like 1

Many Thanks for answer,

Before deleting anything, I tried to backup many months ago phradham but it wasn't a complete backup, no database.

Can I get temporally access to both accounts so I can get the files and the database by myself? or a full backup of the public_html folder and the databases, I don't remember if was only one or two DBs in phradham.

After that I would like to keep only the new account dhammadh

During the process of unarchiving I lost the connection, probably that created the problem with the password?

Also now I am quite lost, what is the url address of the new Plesk login?

On 1/13/2023 at 8:58 PM, wolstech said:

First thing's first, which one do you want to keep? You're only allowed to have one account, so the other needs to be deleted.

There is only one account. The account phradham was on Johnny and was hacked so instead of transferring a hacked account we just deleted it and sent an invite for a new account on Tommy. They used that invite to create the account dhammadh.

12 hours ago, phradham said:

Can I get temporally access to both accounts so I can get the files and the database by myself? or a full backup of the public_html folder and the databases, I don't remember if was only one or two DBs in phradham.

The only backup you're going to be able to get is the one from 2021-07-20 which you can download from https://heliohost.org/backup/ Like I said above your account was hacked after this backup was made, and your contents was replaced with a phishing site. Our policy on hacked accounts is we suspend them with no backup, and give you an invite for a new account. The reason we can't backup hacked accounts is because they might contain stolen information, such as credit card numbers and passwords, so it would be illegal for us to give you that stolen information.

The backup contains a database called phradham_wp35 which is 132 KB. It also contains public_html which is 82 MB. Let us know if you need instructions on how to extract the data you need, or if you need help restoring it to your new account.

53 minutes ago, wolstech said:

Krydos may want to look at the password issue for the unarchived account, so I'll escalate this to him as well.

Oh good lord, unarchiving seems to have some serious issues right now. I tested it quite a bit, but it completely botched this account when it was restored.

I'm going to disable archiving on both servers until I can test this some more.

On 1/13/2023 at 8:05 PM, phradham said:

[dhammadh] shows an error "Unable to login with that username and password."

I just sent you an invite to create a new account since the unarchive messed your account up so badly. You'll be able to create a new password. Sorry about that.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Krydos said:

I tested the password being restored correctly after being archived and then unarchived, but I guess I can test it again.

Thanks, It's working now.

Also the backup it's working, I will check the contents.

BTW the servers use PFsense? because maybe was a false positive, probably it was a script that I uploaded myself to make backups easier after Cpanel stopped working, some shell commands to access mysql databases, or other shell commands using, system() from PHP

56 minutes ago, phradham said:

BTW the servers use PFsense?

No, we use CSF.

56 minutes ago, phradham said:

probably it was a script that I uploaded myself to make backups easier after Cpanel stopped working, some shell commands to access mysql databases, or other shell commands using, system() from PHP

The PHP function system() is disabled because it is a security vulnerability.

3 hours ago, Krydos said:

Oh good lord, unarchiving seems to have some serious issues right now. I tested it quite a bit, but it completely botched this account when it was restored.

I'm going to disable archiving on both servers until I can test this some more.

I just sent you an invite to create a new account since the unarchive messed your account up so badly. You'll be able to create a new password. Sorry about that.

Oh, all my work completely destroyed. besides the important are the texts but I have all that.

I donated 8 USD a year ago.

Maybe it's good that happens to me and no one else.

Can I ask for my account to not being archived? the issue is that I am forest monk and sometimes I am unable to login as I do long retreats.

Before I worked in IT so I have some experience, also I did a clonator server side app using cpanel, shell, and git annex integrations, I created clones and backups of websites with the features of selecting from different times to create a present or a past clone and compare the differences, between code, databases, etc.

It's a mix of code and server side features, but It was working great very stable and reliable, maybe I can still do some magic for free or in exchange of stable host.

I will wait a bit before create a new account.

Yours and two other accounts were affected by a bug that caused them to not unarchive correctly. The bug has been fixed, and I restored your account and it appears to be working correctly now. I emailed you a password reset link in case you need it. You can ignore the invitation to create a new account. Since I got your account working again, I deleted that invite so if you try to use it it will say it's invalid.

6 hours ago, phradham said:

Can I ask for my account to not being archived? the issue is that I am forest monk and sometimes I am unable to login as I do long retreats.

The server that you're on currently, Tommy, must be logged in to every 30 days to keep your account active, but we've had a lot of people like you express interest in a server where you don't have to login all the time to keep your account active. We're going to be building a new server named Morty next where donors won't have to remember to login. There won't be any free accounts on Morty at all so that will help keep it from getting overcrowded. Keep an eye on the news and we'll make an announcement when Morty is available.

• Thanks 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Problems to log in my account.
  • Krydos locked this topic