[Solved] Domain was disabled by hosting provider

ballagyr

Hello Admins, for some reason my subdomain "6502.suranet.eu.org" appears as "deactivated" and I can no longer reactivate it. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I tried to run a script in php and although it didn't work, it caused a fatal error in PHP, at least that's what appears in the log. The script in question is "phpshell" which simulates a command line instance. I think it doesn't work on php8 and may have caused a anomaly. 

The message I get when entering the subdomain settings page: Warning: This domain (website) was disabled by hosting provider.

Thank you in advance!

This was caused by an automated cleanup process we occasionally run. The way that's supposed to work is that a domain that does not resolve or resolves to a non-HelioHost provider, and is NOT using Cloudflare, was supposed to be disabled to improve server performance.

The cleanup script had a few false detections, you're the second person to report a domain inadvertently disabled. When we designed it we expected Plesk to let you turn it back on yourself, but it doesn't (I wonder if we could alter the script or Plesk's database somehow to allow users to restore their own domains?)

Either way, this domain has been restored and may take up to 2 hours to work.

Edited by wolstech
Clarify
  • Like 1

• Krydos locked this topic