[Solved] Issues when running Grav on Plesk

Kairion

User: fasouza | Server: Tommy | Domain: fasouza.eu.org

Hi, it's me Mario! again.

I did some test with Grav and I've found two issues that didn't happen when I was running it on cPanel's version of Tommy.

I totally understand if it is caused by features not available yet (or even removed ones) but since I'm not sure if that's the case I'm posting here to get some help (aka: to know if I didn't screw up when restoring my backup).

First issue: When I try to run Grav's backup tool I get the following errors on my logs (and the backup isn't done):

Apache SSL/TLS access: Code 500 - GET /admin/backup.json/id:0/task:backup/admin-nonce:1fb0d6b5a2ebd7d75f1946cb44595d14 HTTP/1.0

Apache error: mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 60 seconds, referer: https://blog.fasouza.eu.org/pt/admin/tools/backups

Apache error: End of script output before headers: index.php, referer: https://blog.fasouza.eu.org/pt/admin/tools/backups

nginx error: 78494#0: *120863 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream

Second issue: When I try to access Grav's scheduler I get the following exception:

"An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("The Process class relies on proc_open, which is not available on your PHP installation.")."

If someone can help me with those issues (or just clarify if they're features unavailable/removed) I'd be really thankfull.

Edited by Kairion
Issues are on Grav's end, not on HelioHost, so the topic is solved.

45 minutes ago, Kairion said:

mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 60 seconds

60 seconds was the same timeout that cPanel had. The reason the limit is there is to help prevent load from getting too high if people run insane php scripts that run forever. This value can be raised for just your one domain if you want, but it might cause your load to get too high which may cause your account to be suspended. Let us know the domain if you'd like to proceed. Eventually you'll have graphs and warning emails to alert you that your load is high. For now I've just been pinging people on Discord or emailing them manually if there's an issue. If they don't respond and don't fix it then we suspend them.

47 minutes ago, Kairion said:

class relies on proc_open, which is not available

The PHP function proc_open is a security vulnerability on shared hosting. It has never been enabled on cPanel either, and it won't ever be enabled on any of our shared hosting servers. If you need this function you have to host it on a VPS.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Krydos said:

The PHP function proc_open is a security vulnerability on shared hosting. It has never been enabled on cPanel either, and it won't ever be enabled on any of our shared hosting servers. If you need this function you have to host it on a VPS.

Got it. Right now I'll stay on Tommy since it's not worth the trouble to configure and manage a VPS just for a basic blog. As a last resource option I can find another software as an alternative to Grav.

3 hours ago, Krydos said:

60 seconds was the same timeout that cPanel had. The reason the limit is there is to help prevent load from getting too high if people run insane php scripts that run forever. This value can be raised for just your one domain if you want, but it might cause your load to get too high which may cause your account to be suspended. Let us know the domain if you'd like to proceed. Eventually you'll have graphs and warning emails to alert you that your load is high. For now I've just been pinging people on Discord or emailing them manually if there's an issue. If they don't respond and don't fix it then we suspend them.

I think it's better to stay with 60 seconds. I'll use Plesk's "Backup & Restore" feature as an alternative for making backups.

Thanks again 😁

• Kairion changed the title to [Solved] Issues when running Grav on Plesk