[Solved] Mail (forwarding) not working anymore for any of my domains?

tstamphaus

5 hours ago, tstamphaus said:

Will pass on the IP to Gmail and see if I can get some things done there.

Thank you so much. There are a lot of people other than just you that is affected by this Gmail issue so they all thank you too.

• Like 1

No repsonse from google yet :(

Did find a Google toolbox that is suggested to check to prevent messages being marked as spam: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/

If I run that one for my domains I get a number of issues that Google sees regarding Nameservers vs CNAME, NS, MX, TXT and SPF records. But these results are a bit of abracadabrra to me... you?

8 hours ago, tstamphaus said:

Did find a Google toolbox that is suggested to check to prevent messages being marked as spam

Wow, good find. I've never seen that tool before, and I learned some interesting stuff from it. One thing that surprised me is Plesk's DKIM signature is valid according to everyone other than Google because the DKIM specification states that if the k tag is missing the default is rsa, but Google just calls the whole DKIM invalid if the k tag is missing. I fixed that and a few other things for one domain and it looks like this now. The only issue left is that your MX records aren't pointed at Google's servers, but I believe you need to use Google workspace for that which is not free https://workspace.google.com/pricing.html Hosting your MX records on our server and then forwarding the emails to Google is free. Test this domain out and let me know if this is working. If it works I can do the same for some of your other domains.

image.thumb.png.02c116d8268aff6f551949d9357f3f3c.png

Ok, getting there step by step ;-). FYI still no response from Google on my support request :-(.

Retested and found som news:

• The autoforward works for mails sent from non-Gmail accounts. These Emails are delivered to the local mailbox at heliohost, forwarded to Gmail AND received/accepted in my Google mailbox. 🙂 🙂 🙂 
  • BUT for mails sent from Gmail accounts (I've tried a couple) autoforward mails are not yet accepted by google. Emails are delivered to the local mailbox at heliohost but NOT received/accepted by Gmail 

I'll use this new/current toolbox results and current setting to add to my support request at Google and hope for some response now.

Running the Google toolbox again for the domain stamphaus.nl I see almost everything is 'green'. Also the  MX-records and MX-search check is approved/green.

Only two 'yellows' remain (of which the second one is NOT A PROBLEM according tot Google):

1. DKIM is not configured .... strange, this issue is not showing up in your list...? There's no additional information with that score in my overview...
  2. No Mail exchangers ... that's no problem / caused by the auto forward. (the additional information in that line states that I can ignore that).

image.thumb.png.84e8c8051f8ede0ca16f2591ebe0d937.png

50 minutes ago, tstamphaus said:

Ok, getting there step by step ;-). FYI still no response from Google on my support request :-(.

Retested and found som news:

• The autoforward works for mails sent from non-Gmail accounts. These Emails are delivered to the local mailbox at heliohost, forwarded to Gmail AND received/accepted in my Google mailbox. 🙂 🙂 🙂 
  • BUT for mails sent from Gmail accounts (I've tried a couple) autoforward mails are not yet accepted by google. Emails are delivered to the local mailbox at heliohost but NOT received/accepted by Gmail 

I mentioned this on the first page:

Google's spam filter hates mail that gets sent through a forwarder to itself (e.g. example@gmail->forwarder@cj7limited->example@gmail). If his forwarders point to a gmail address, he should try sending mail to his forwarder from a non-gmail source or a different gmail mailbox from the one that receives the forwarded mail.

Google has been this way for years and old Tommy had the same issue. It very often (though oddly not always) rejects mail that comes from Gmail and forwards through a third party server back to gmail. I even asked Google's enterprise support at one point while I was on with them for a system issue at work (I have access to proper phone support for Google through my full time job due to our Workspace license). I asked sometime in 2016 or 2017 and was told the behavior is by design.

Your easiest solution is to just set your forwarder to send the mail to a non-Gmail account. Google is the only provider that does this that I know of.

8 hours ago, tstamphaus said:

DKIM is not configured .... strange, this issue is not showing up in your list...? There's no additional information with that score in my overview...

Did you type "default" in the "DKIM selector (optional)" box? It doesn't work unless you specify which DKIM selector you want to check.

image.png.f909b1cddfde80cb070c8519a0c44e97.png