[Solved] Certificates and Subdomains issues

ballagyr

Dear, since my domains have now been managed by Plesk, I've been having one problem after another, since this could happen I decided to wait, but nothing was solved with time.

Two of my domains, as the attached images show, are having a strange problem related to IPs I don't know about, so I'm unable to generate a certificate for them.

Some subdomains with (suranet.eu.org) don't work giving me "500 Internal Server Error).

As I am unable to delete some domains from there, I would like to take advantage and request deletion of all domains marked as "disabled" and their related subdomains.

Thank You!

pleskfail2.png

pleskfail1.png

The DNS for those domains didn't update it looks like. If you're using our name servers, it's probably an issue with the migration. If you're using your own name servers, you need to change the IP addresses in your DNS records to 65.19.141.77 (new tommy). The 143.6 address is the old cPanel tommy.

Krydos can delete the unwanted domains and verify the DNS on our name servers for you.

I deleted all the disabled domains, and changed the IP address of the remaining domains.

It looks like the transfer script only changes the IP of the main domain, and not any addon or alias domains. Just another thing to fix. This is why we're only transferring a few accounts per day until we get all the issues worked out of the transfer script.

But I still have "500 Internal Server Error" problems. The strange thing is that it depends on some circumstances, like accessing the "www" with https. These problem is recurrent in some subdomains with https.

EDIT: This issue is not seen on the main domain.

OBS: The Admins should take the opportunity of these server changes to stop using this method of adding top-level domains linked to the main domain as a subdomain. Maybe that was the method they found at the time, but is it really necessary?

I checked all of your domains, and subdomains. The ones that were showing 500 errors were because of .htaccess files. If you go to Websites & Domains > domain > Logs you can see the error log and see why the 500 error is occurring.

I just saw it and found it strange, since since my files were moved, I hadn't touched these ".htaccess". Looking now at the contents of these files, I didn't see anything strange there. However, I did some tests and realized that "Options +Indexes" cannot run on this server. I was curious about it.

I also realized that I only had success editing my files using FileZilla, with FTP connection and no longer with SFTP.

A question:
 Where did the nginx logs come from?

Thank you for your assistance!

9 hours ago, ballagyr said:

The Admins should take the opportunity of these server changes to stop using this method of adding top-level domains linked to the main domain as a subdomain. Maybe that was the method they found at the time, but is it really necessary?

It's a relic of cPanel, which required it be done this way. cPanel's "addon domains" were actually aliases on top of a subdomain internally.

16 hours ago, ballagyr said:

However, I did some tests and realized that "Options +Indexes" cannot run on this server.

Yeah, we've had a few problems with .htaccess like this. I'm still looking into why exactly.

16 hours ago, ballagyr said:

I also realized that I only had success editing my files using FileZilla, with FTP connection and no longer with SFTP.

I've tested FTP, FTPS, and SFTP and they all work for me. One difference that might be messing you up is SFTP is on port 1373 now. On the old Tommy it was port 1342. The reason we changed it was because the SFTP port was a constant cause of confusion for people because all three servers had a different port Tommy=1342, Ricky=1312, and Johnny=1373. So people would search on the forum and find the port of a server that they weren't on and it would obviously not work. To simplify things going forward with adding more and more servers we're just going to keep SFTP on port 1373 for all the servers.

Let us know if you find anything else that doesn't seem to be working right.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ballagyr said:

Where did the nginx logs come from?

Plesk uses both Nginx and Apache at the same time. Nginx is a reverse proxy sitting in front of Apache and handles all of the static content and html and caching. Apache handles all the heavy lifting in the background. It uses a bit more memory to have both enabled like this but it should give much better performance. We'll see how it scales up to handle hundreds of accounts though.

• Like 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Certificates and Subdomains issues
  • Krydos locked this topic