Plesk ETA

HelioHost

First of all, we apologize for how long the Plesk transition is taking. We knew up front that it was going to be a lot of work, but it has turned out to be even more work than we expected. Don't worry though, we're not going anywhere, and will be continuing to provide high-quality free webhosting to as many people as we can.

We're in the final stages of setting up Tommy, and will begin to transfer accounts soon. In preparation for the start of the transfer we have released a page that should answer the main question that we get, and will continue to get for a while still,  which is, "When is my account going to be moved?"

https://www.heliohost.org/eta/

To be completely honest, 2021 has been a really rough year for HelioHost, and we're not doing well financially since we lost the licenses for our old control panel. If you are able to support us with a small gift this holiday season we will prioritize your account's transfer to Plesk over those who haven't donated as much. The ETA page above will let you know exactly what position you are in, and how much various donations will benefit you.

If you can't donate right now we totally understand, and even the free accounts will be moved as soon as we can. Even just a donation of as little as $1 goes a long way towards keeping us afloat so we can continue to provide free hosting to those who aren't able to even give a dollar. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization according to the United States Internal Revenue Service so any donations are tax deductible, and you can be assured that all the money we receive goes straight towards our mission to provide free hosting to thousands of users around the world.

We are counting all donations from one year prior to us losing our old licenses in your total. If your total doesn't look right it might be because you donated with a different email address than you used to create your hosting account. If this is the case please let us know as soon as possible so we can get your donations linked to your account correctly so you can get moved over sooner. We will start out only moving a few accounts each day until we are more sure that everything is working, and then we hope to accelerate the process as much as we can. The ETA page will tell you exactly how many accounts we are currently moving each day so feel free to check it frequently.

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for being a HelioHost user and sticking with us through this difficult time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for everything!

Finally we're about to see the light after a long dark.

I can't wait to test the new Plesk control panel!.

Keep continuing the great work, thank's for keeping my free personnal website active. Writing you as you can see, make you notice that i stay with you. I do think that it will be soon 11 years i'm with you. You are great peoples.

http://sylvain.heliohost.org

A+

First of all, Happy New Year to all of your team!

I remember that the Tommy server included an SSL certificate
However, I keep getting the following message on my site:
“Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocks downloads from websites that have little illegal activity and include activities that have been reported.”
Will this only be resolved with the Plesk transition?

12 hours ago, Johan Sx said:

I remember that the Tommy server included an SSL certificate
However, I keep getting the following message on my site:
“Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocks downloads from websites that have little illegal activity and include activities that have been reported.”
Will this only be resolved with the Plesk transition?

AutoSSL only works if you have a valid cPanel license. You can create a free SSL certificate manually using something like ZeroSSL or Let's Encrypt and then upload it to /home/johansx and we can install it for you. Do not upload it to public_html or any directory within public_html. Having a compromised SSL certificate is worse than not having SSL at all. Once the SSL certificate is uploaded create a new post in customer service. Do not reply to this news post. I'll leave the question and answer here though so if anyone else has the same question they can find it easily.

Once your account is moved to Plesk it will automatically have SSL installed and renewed as before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...