HelioMine Browser Miner

Talk Sick

I haven't found a good alternative for browser mining that has decent performance (and doesn't light up every adblocker and antivirus known to man...). Any recommendations?

The current recommended crypto mining method is to download your choice of miner and mine directly into our wallets. A list of our addresses can be found at https://heliohost.org/donate/ When the Heliomine miner was around, we primarily mined on the Mine2Gether pools, so using those pools will contribute to the completion of any partial payouts that were never completed :)

TRTL and LOKI are the two best suited for standard PC mining, however XMR is an option if you have a high-end rig or perhaps an extra server laying around.

I haven't found a good alternative for browser mining that has decent performance (and doesn't light up every adblocker and antivirus known to man...). Any recommendations?

The current recommended crypto mining method is to download your choice of miner and mine directly into our wallets. A list of our addresses can be found at https://heliohost.org/donate/ When the Heliomine miner was around, we primarily mined on the Mine2Gether pools, so using those pools will contribute to the completion of any partial payouts that were never completed :)

TRTL and LOKI are the two best suited for standard PC mining, however XMR is an option if you have a high-end rig or perhaps an extra server laying around.

Well, I was going to use my computer to mine and donate once I did. Seems like I should be using my VPS but most tutorials are complex. Not exactly sure how to set this up...

It'll be better off done on your PC. While we are lax about VPS use, I could see mining on one causing server impact.

Easiest is to pick a pool and just follow their get started section. Use our wallet address when setting it up. Most miners are just command line apps, and the better ones like xmrig and Stak will do most of the configuration themselves. You just tell it the pool, wallet, and algorithm, it'll figure out the processor and gpu stuff.

I've debated resurrecting the Windows miner (which did all the above for you), but the lack of uptake and earnings the first time around makes me feel like I'd be wasting my time. We would come out ahead of heliomine's performance by me just donating $75 and picking up an extra shift at work to earn the money back, and I can do it in 1 day vs. over a year. :P

It'll be better off done on your PC. While we are lax about VPS use, I could see mining on one causing server impact.

Easiest is to pick a pool and just follow their get started section. Use our wallet address when setting it up. Most miners are just command line apps, and the better ones like xmrig and Stak will do most of the configuration themselves. You just tell it the pool, wallet, and algorithm, it'll figure out the processor and gpu stuff.

I've debated resurrecting the Windows miner (which did all the above for you), but the lack of uptake and earnings the first time around makes me feel like I'd be wasting my time. We would come out ahead of heliomine's performance by me just donating $75 and picking up an extra shift at work to earn the money back, and I can do it in 1 day vs. over a year. :P

True. This would be on a VPS not related to HelioHost and since it would be running 24/7 I would be able to just let it do what it does. Otherwise computer mining would impact my gaming and work as an indie game dev. I am trying to find the best way of donating to you guys without spending money as its tight rn until I get my job back up and running.

In case you aren't aware, Loki is now PoS (previously they were a PoW-PoS hybrid) so no longer mineable. :)

It seems like everyone is going that way nowadays. Finding easy-to-mine PoW coins is getting difficult, and even TRTL is talking about an overhaul now that could include staking.

PoS coins are worthless from a "free money" standpoint since you can't just poof them up with an extra PC, though to be fair, as an investment they can sometimes work decently.

It seems like everyone is going that way nowadays. Finding easy-to-mine PoW coins is getting difficult, and even TRTL is talking about an overhaul now that could include staking.

PoS coins are worthless from a "free money" standpoint since you can't just poof them up with an extra PC, though to be fair, as an investment they can sometimes work decently.

Give Xolentum a try, we're currently on PoW and no plans of switching in the recent future. :)

@Krydos .. Lol :P

Looks...bare on their site. Also, from what I can tell, there's nowhere to sell it at the moment. I usually use tradeogre (which historically is known for listing low-value/no-name coins), and even they don't have a market. On the other hand, it is less than 2 months old, so a bit early to really have a market. It uses randomX, so I can probably load that work into my existing miner system easily...