Tommy Is Back!

HelioHost

will be requesting a move over.

Wait a minute, how in the world do we get an invitation?

There is nothing to request. If you want your Ricky or Johnny account moved back to Tommy just make sure your contact email address matches the old Tommy account. If the old Tommy email address doesn't match any active accounts in the system an invitation email will be sent instead.

Do I understand correctly that since I have donated a couple of times in the past few years I will automatically be re-instated on Tommy? Or will I simply receive an invite and then respond to that before my site will be back up? Thank you.

If you have a temporary Ricky or Johnny account that is using the same email address that your old Tommy account was using when he crashed then yes, your account will automatically be moved back to Tommy. If you don't have an account using that email address an invitation email will be sent to you. The way the invitation email works is there is a special validation code that you can click that allows you to create an account even if the server is full for the day. You don't have to reply to anything, actually the email comes from no-reply@heliohost.org so even if you tried to reply it wouldn't go anywhere, just click the link when it arrives.

Now we got some clarification on that. If I had already moved to Johnny or Ricky on snowm, I will be moved back automatically with snowm.

But one thing, will we get an email if it is the same email on both servers, Ricky/Johnny on [redacted] and Tommy before crashing on [redacted]?

Note: Redacted email address for privacy reasons.

There is nothing to request. If you want your Ricky or Johnny account moved back to Tommy just make sure your contact email address matches the old Tommy account. If the old Tommy email address doesn't match any active accounts in the system an invitation email will be sent instead.

Ok, thanks for clarification.

And also, when do we estimate my account, snowm to be moved back to Tommy? Can you place me on the next in line in regards to priority?

And also, when do we estimate my account, snowm to be moved back to Tommy?

Obviously we can't move thousands of accounts in a single day so we will be working our way down a list that is more or less sorted by donation amount. This means that if you donated a relatively large amount you will be among the first to get back on Tommy. The list has been randomized somewhat though to be as fair as possible. It will likely take a few weeks to get everyone moved or invited back onto Tommy though so please continue to be patient.

Can you place me on the next in line in regards to priority?

Our top donors are at or around the $100 mark. If you donate that much you can be next in line.

And also, when do we estimate my account, snowm to be moved back to Tommy?

Obviously we can't move thousands of accounts in a single day so we will be working our way down a list that is more or less sorted by donation amount. This means that if you donated a relatively large amount you will be among the first to get back on Tommy. The list has been randomized somewhat though to be as fair as possible. It will likely take a few weeks to get everyone moved or invited back onto Tommy though so please continue to be patient.

Drat, guess its gonna take a long time.

Edited by snowm

Greetings -- tommy transfer questions:

1. Would we login into tommy with the credentials that we had before the crash?

2. If you created a temporary 'ricky' account, you had to choose a different user/domain id -- so, when you transfer it to tommy would the userid/domain revert back to what we had on tommy before the crash?

thanks

If you don't have a Ricky account, you'll be sent an invite to sign up again (since there's nothing to transfer). You can pick the same username and password as before if you wish.

If you do have a Ricky account, it will just be moved to Tommy as-is. It will keep the username/domain/password you picked when you created it on Ricky. You can change the domain and password easily, but to change the username, you would need to delete your account and sign up again.

Hi! Is there a way we can check our position in the queue? My old Tommy username was Nimb, my temporary username on ricky is NimbM (I don't mind keeping this username), both my accounts were under the email address: 

cesar . manara at gmail com

Is there a way to double check if all my donations are counting correctly? Also if my Ricky account is queued for a move instead of an invite? I'd want the move.

You can see I donated $10 in this thread. Plus $5 more in this one.

I had also donated originally for the 1st Tommy invite, but I don't remember how much that was for.

If we could take a peek at the queue and gauge our position / how much a new donation could move us upwards, that'd be cool :)

Thanks!

Edited by Nimb

Do I understand correctly that since I have donated a couple of times in the past few years I will automatically be re-instated on Tommy? Or will I simply receive an invite and then respond to that before my site will be back up? Thank you.

If you have a temporary Ricky or Johnny account that is using the same email address that your old Tommy account was using when he crashed then yes, your account will automatically be moved back to Tommy. If you don't have an account using that email address an invitation email will be sent to you. The way the invitation email works is there is a special validation code that you can click that allows you to create an account even if the server is full for the day. You don't have to reply to anything, actually the email comes from no-reply@heliohost.org so even if you tried to reply it wouldn't go anywhere, just click the link when it arrives.

Thank you for your reply. I have always edited/created my website on my laptop and uploaded it with an ftp program. Do I simply click on the e-mail link you refer to, create an account and then upload my site from my laptop? I'm really not very knowledgeable as to the technical function of website creation but managed to get it to work on Tommy initially. Thank you for your assistance.

I don't think there is a way of checking your position in the queue as of right now. Since both of your accounts have the same email address, your new one will be automatically moved to Tommy.

Crap! Guess Ill just have to wait.