Introductions

GameClaw_268

Hey there, everyone. Good to see I'm not the only new kid on the block ^_^

My name is Kiros. I'm 21 years old and I've been fooling around with web coding/design for the past 8 years. I have advised administrators, coded for personal and business websites, and managed medium-sized (~100,000 member) communities for years. I have also written several vBulletin modifications, both public and private.

I'm currently studying networking at a nearby college so I can obtain a higher-learning degree as well as Microsoft, Apple, and Cisco certifications. HelioHost looks perfect for me. I plan to use it for hobby coding, abstract designing, and professional demonstrations. I hope to speak with some of my peers around here to gain more knowledge and experience about the art; I still have a lot to learn ;)

For those of you who might be completely new to website design & coding, I highly recommend a website called W3Schools (www.w3schools.com). It has many simple tutorials about HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and even PHP. It's all free too. Ironically, another great source of information is Wikipedia. Even though it doesn't always have reliable sources, you can still learn a lot from it.

See you around!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all, I've just joined helionet/heliohost, I go by the handle lifetime.

I'm from Ireland and chose heliohost for its ad-free hosting and support for so many features (scripting languages, databases) compared to other free hosting services.

See you around the forums!

hi all

my real name is Danny from Israel age 30

i am new with this websites stuff i am trying to learn my self how to do it,

its fun & nice .

Computer Technician is my main job .

i am looking forward to help if i can in this forum.

thank to all great ppl who gave us free hosting !!!

Seeing as there is no topic for this, I will start a topic for introducing yourself to the forums, that way I don't start a useless topic with 2 replies that dissappears in a day.

It doesn't seem to have disappeared yet.

I created my account probably about 7 or 8 months ago now so it's probably about time I introduced myself:

Hi. I'm Krydos.

When I saw the feature list of heliohost and it was all for free I just kept asking, "What is the catch?!" So far the closest thing to a catch is having to set an alarm to log on and create an account at midnight PST, but that wasn't really a big deal. Amazingly quick and helpful support staff too. I'll let you all know if I ever discover the catch.

• 3 weeks later...