[Solved] How to solve mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user error?

Hazak

I'm testing a remote connection to my Mysql DB and table.

I followed the basic procedure:

1 - I created DB ("employee101") by Mysql wizard.

2 - I created employee_data table by Myphpdamin.

3 - I created two DB users ("hazak" (cpanel user) and "remcon".

4 - I set users access and rights to "employee101" DB.

5 - I built two PHP scripts to remotely access Db and table, and put them in "hazak" public_html directory, as follows:

1 - conn.php (connection):

<?php
$db_name = "hazak_employee101";
$mysql_username = "hazak";
//$mysql_username = "remcon";
//$mysql_password = "&cx=Q******";
$mysql_password = "al********";
$server_name = "localhost:3306";
$conn = mysqli_connect($server_name, $mysql_username, $mysql_password, $db_name);
if($conn){
echo "connection success";
}
else{
echo "connection not success";
}
?>

2 - login.php (login):

<?php

require "conn.php";
$user_name = $_POST["user_name"];
$user_pass = $_POST["password"];
$mysql_qry = "select * from employee_data where username like '$user_name' and password like '$user_pass';";
$result = mysqli_query($conn, $mysql_qry);
if(mysqli_num_rows($result) > 0){
$row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result);
$name = $row["name"]; 
echo "login success - user ".$name;
}
else{
echo "login not success";
}
mysqli_close($conn)
?>

6 - Remotely run the script. First using "hazak" user set in conn.php and second, using "remcon" user in the same script.

I got the same error message (bellow) and when I created an email acoount to "hazak" (cpanel) user the message gone away and I could remotely connect to DB and access "employee_data" table.  but the same didn't happened to the "remcon" user.

Since I could't find reference to this error on heliohost.org  Mysql pages I´m not sure about what is the error cause.

Can anybody tell the possible cause/solution for this error and help me?

Error message:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'remcon'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/hazak/public_html/remcon/conn.php on line 8

Maybe the database you are trying to access it has been created by another user/with a different password or you don't have permission to access the database. Check the details in cPanel > MySQL Databases.

Do you get any of the message as defined here:

if($conn){

}

else{

echo "connection not success";

}

If yes, then modify it to:

if($conn){

}

else{

echo "connection not success: ".mysqli_error($conn);

}

and see what mysql says.
  • Like 1

@Sagnik: The access denied error he's getting will always make $conn false.

I would try changing the password on the mysql user next.

Also, this line would never be valid:

//$mysql_username = "remcon";

Except for the cPanel default mysql user (the one that's the same as your cpanel username), all MySQL users will be prefixed with cpanelusername_, so it should be It should be hazak_remcon, assuming hazak is your cPanel username.

sagnik:

I did conn.php modification as you recommended.

Basically I got the same result and no new clue was showed, as follows:

( ! ) Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'remcon'@'179.157.27.166' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp64\www\conn_remx1.php on line 6 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0007 235624 {main}( ) ...\conn_remx1.php:0 2 0.0007 236424 mysqli_connect ( ) ...\conn_remx1.php:6

( ! ) Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in C:\wamp64\www\conn_remx1.php on line 11 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0007 235624 {main}( ) ...\conn_remx1.php:0 2 5.3416 237160 mysqli_error ( ) ...\conn_remx1.php:11

connection not success: 

That's running on your local computer on WAMP...the file needs to actually be on our server to work with the settings you listed.

If you want to run the scripts from a server that's not ours, you need to enable remote mysql in cPanel (add the remote server's IP, or % to allow any), then use johnny.heliohost.org instead of localhost for the hostname.

The Root Admin recommendation works remotely from my Wampserver php script. (user name prefix)

Now I´m going to test running directly on my heliohost.org www directory.

I hope there will be no problem.

Thanks mates.

Root Admin:

When I run the new conn.php script (changing user name to "hazak_remcon") in my www heliohost.org directory (using localhost as host), I got the same success result.

Thanks for support.

Edited by Hazak