What is Google Fetch?

Google Fetch is just a tool to let you view a page the same way Google's bots see it so you can verify that what you want seen is what is being seen. https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/googlebot-fetch

You do realize that most SEO stuff out there is snake oil though right? Other than some basic keyword and tag work, a site map, and owning a proper domain (search engines learn about many new websites from WHOIS data), everything these days happens organically. I know for a fact that I did absolutely zero SEO for several websites I've built (both mine and for others), and have never had an issue with Google and others not finding them. In my experience, the most important thing outside keywords and owning a domain is to make sure you get traffic to your site from other sources (e.g. advertising it, if you offer a service having it listed on directory for the services you offer, etc.). All of my sites get traffic naturally from things like links in software help files or documents, and if you google my sites, they show up just fine.

Also, why don't you just Google this stuff? There's tons of sites on this topic out there. We don't have terribly much experience with this stuff...I just googled the answer myself...

• Like 1

I don't mind the questions. A major reason we use a forum instead of a ticket system like most companies is so people can search HelioNet to see if anyone else has ever had that question before. Plus it adds useful keywords to our site meaning google searches may list us for those searches.

• Like 1