Ror Deploy

skarthi1

I already explained this 9 days ago, but apparently you didn't understand

Also, keep in mind that our Terms of Service state that you may only have 1 active account at a time so please use http://www.heliohost.org/classic/support/scripts/delete to delete any accounts in excess of one otherwise we'll be forced to suspend all of your accounts. Thanks.

You are only allowed to have one account. Instead of deleting your second account you created even more. Pick one account, and delete the rest using http://www.heliohost.org/classic/support/scripts/delete I've already given you 9 days. As of this post you now have 24 hours or we'll be forced to suspend all of your accounts. I'll consider helping you deploy this ror app again once you are in compliance with our terms of service.

Username : Skarthi1 is my account it's for demo link for every school's and collages

Username : igniters is for an graduate collage which is located in karnataka India

They need fedena for they're collage management but don't have knowledge to host on server so I'm just help them to host on heliohost

And one more thing

I just provoke them to utilize the heliohost service as well as if they feel it's useful for there management than they need to donate something to heliohost (2$ for every host not fixed as there wish)

This is my concept to work with heliohost

So now I should get response from you or any other supporter whether it is right or wrong

If it is wrong pls suggest me to go further

Thank you

Karthik

• You can host up to 4 ror applications on your one account, and you can host an unlimited number of websites. When people manage websites for others we generally require they do so on one account. Is there any reason you can't do the same as everyone else?
  • Skarthi2?

First skarthi2 is no more

If I started to give service to school's or collages I just guide them to create heliohost account with there value

The only thing is I'll maintain it because lack of knowledge about hosting

So I'll login to there account to host for application in heliohost

In this what's wrong with my

So please understand the situation and give permission to go further

Thank you

In your case, I don't think, HelioHost Administrators will allow you to operate two accounts. I've already tried to let them understand but they didn't. But I understand that, giving access to more than one accounts violates HelioHost's Terms & Conditions as well as being a free hosting service provider HelioHost is very limited to provide services to more than one accounts of the same person, so I've asked HelioHost Administrators to delete my both accounts and I've made a donation & signed up for a Tommy Account and hosted 3 websites as addon domains. You can also use your 2 account as addon domains.

You don't need my help for most of this. I'm going to try to teach you how to do this troubleshooting yourself by taking you through the steps that I take to debug your rails app for you.

Of course we want to run your rails app as development to begin with. The difference between development and production is production hides most of the errors. We want to see the errors so we can debug this thing. Once it works we can switch it to production. The first step is to try to start the rails app. If it doesn't start then you read your log files. If you open /home/skarthi1/rails_apps/fedena/log/mongrel.log you see

Missing the Rails 2.3.5 gem. Please `gem install -v=2.3.5 rails`, update your RAILS_GEM_VERSION setting in config/environment.rb for the Rails version you do have installed, or comment out RAILS_GEM_VERSION to use the latest version installed.
Johnny is running rails 2.3.18 already, and it's not possible to downgrade it so you need to do as the error message suggests and edit /home/skarthi1/rails_apps/fedena/config/environment.rb Change the line that says

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.3.5' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION
to

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.3.18' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION
to match the version of rails that you have available. We also need to make sure there isn't any other references to rails 2.3.5 like in /home/skarthi1/rails_apps/fedena/Gemfile Change

gem 'rails','2.3.5'
to

gem 'rails','2.3.18'
Now let's go try to start the rails app again. Wow, look at that! It started up. But it's still showing a 500 error. Time to go back to the logs. This time it's running so mongrel.log is just going to show the startup sequence. Since we're running it in development mode let's check out development.log. Ah ha, look what is there

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Ooops, we forgot to set up the mysql user and password. Obviously our rails app isn't going to be able to connect to the database as root on a shared host. So, open up /home/skarthi1/rails_apps/fedena/config/database.yml and change this

development:
host: localhost
adapter: mysql
database: fedena_ultimate
port: 3306
username: root
password: foradian
to

development:
host: localhost
adapter: mysql
database: skarthi1_fedena
port: 3306
username: skarthi1_root
password: <removed>
Alright, that looks better. Let's restart the rails app, and check the url again. Darn it still isn't working. Back to development.log. This one is a little more cryptic

NoMethodError (undefined method `config_value' for nil:NilClass):
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:319:in `set_user_language'

Rendered rescues/_trace (157.5ms)
Rendered rescues/_request_and_response (0.4ms)
Rendering rescues/layout (internal_server_error)
I loaded up /home/skarthik1/rails_apps/fedena/app/controllers/application_controller.rb and looked at line 319. It looks like it's trying to load some locale value from the database that doesn't exist. I don't really care about going through the whole process of figuring out how to fix the database so let's just commend it out. Change

if session[:language].nil?
      I18n.locale = lan.config_value
    else
      I18n.locale = session[:language]
    end
to

if session[:language].nil?
#      I18n.locale = lan.config_value
    else
    end
Now let's try loading it up again. And it seems to be working!

Final notes: It looks like your database is empty. All of the tables are created and have the proper structure, but there is nothing in there. That includes the users table so I'm guessing you're not going to be able to log in until you find a way to populate the database with the proper default values. If I were you I would try to find a working fedena database and export it to a .sql file, and then use phpmyadmin to import it. That would probably allow you to log in at least. Good luck!