[Solved] Request: Increase Daily Email Limit

dziban303

Hello,

I have several devices and applications which send me status reports via email. My router sends me logs, backup software sends me status messages, a RAID enclosure sends error alerts, et cetera.

My ISP's SMTP server is pretty bad, and I haven't been able to use it successfully with any consistency. I can use Gmail for some of these implementations, but some things don't work with it because they either don't support the security restrictions or ports can't be specified, I forget what exactly. I've been able to use Heliohost's mail servers successfully for all of my needs.

However, I found out the other day (when my account was suspended) that there's a 50 email per day limit. I'm not sure when or how I exceeded this limit; the router is the most likely culprit because its log size is absurdly small, so it ends up sending 20 or more emails per day. It's never sent 50 or more that I can see. My other uses don't run every day, and when they do it sends maybe five or six emails in a day. I would like to know what triggered the suspension but I can't find a way to check what happened in Cpanel.

Anyway, to prevent this from happening again I'm requesting an increase in my email limit, as suggested by wolstech in the suspension post. As mentioned, I'm only using the email server to send emails to myself. I'm not using it for any other purpose, nor do I plan to. I don't know what figure to request, perhaps 100, although I can't see that ever being used (unless I screw up a configuration somewhere).

Thanks!

I would like to know what triggered the suspension

It looks like you were suspended on July 21st. During that day your account attempted to send 111 emails. Many of which occurred after you were suspended so they wouldn't have gone through. Looking at these timestamps it looks like your router went nuts. You have one at 12:39:39 and then mere seconds later at 12:39:57, then 12:41:48, 12:45:58, 12:51:14, 12:55:46, 12:56:10, etc etc. If you're going to be sending an email every 20 seconds to 6 minutes like that you're going to exceed your limit and get suspended fairly quickly. All of those emails I just listed had the subject "NETGEAR ROUTER LOG..."

Everything matches your explanation. Your account has been whitelisted to send 200 emails per day. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I would like to know what triggered the suspension

Looking at these timestamps it looks like your router went nuts.

Thanks for identifying the cause. Until I figure out what caused it I'll have it disabled. In the meantime I'll have my other things running.

Thank you!