[Solved] Email Slow

newhost

Are you on Johnny? If so, they won't deliver when the server is down (which is a lot on Johnny), and it's on the sending person's mail service to try again (often it's 12 hours between attempts, and after 3 to 7 days returns it to the sender as undeliverable, so with a ~50% chance of Johnny being up, it could easily take a day or more if there's 2 or more failures before succeeding).

Also, are the people sending mail to you using hotmail, GMX, or comcast? They have known issues with our service, though usually the issue with them is people not receiving your email, not the other way around.

<div>Thanks</div>

<div>yes  I am on Johnnie</div>

<div>They are  not bouncing back just taking days to get through.</div>

<div>I've posted a sample trace detail below</div>

<div>Event:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>success success</div>

<div>User:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>-remote-</div>

<div>Domain:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div>

<div>Sender:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div>

<div>Sent Time:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Feb 18, 2016 2:42:14 PM</div>

<div>Sender Host:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>gmy2-mh804.smtproutes.com</div>

<div>Sender IP:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div>

<div>Authentication:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>localdelivery</div>

<div>Spam Score:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div>

<div>Recipient:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div>

<div>Delivery User:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div>

<div>Delivery Domain:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div>

<div>Delivered To:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span></div>

<div>Router:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>virtual_user</div>

<div>Transport:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>virtual_userdelivery</div>

<div>Out Time:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Feb 20, 2016 3:30:15 PM</div>

<div>ID:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>1aWPmc-0000n1-Jc</div>

<div>Delivery Host:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>localhost</div>

<div>Delivery IP:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>127.0.0.1</div>

<div>Size:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>23.03 KB</div>

<div>Result:<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Message accepted</div>

Thanks hope this is clearer

yes I am on Johnnie

They are not bouncing back just taking days to get through.

I've posted a sample trace detail below

Event: success success

User: -remote-

Domain:

Sender:

Sent Time: Feb 18, 2016 2:42:14 PM

Sender Host: gmy2-mh804.smtproutes.com

Sender IP:

Authentication: localdelivery

Spam Score:

Recipient:

Delivery User:

Delivery Domain:

Delivered To:

Router: virtual_user

Transport: virtual_userdelivery

Out Time: Feb 20, 2016 3:30:15 PM

ID: 1aWPmc-0000n1-Jc

Delivery Host: localhost

Delivery IP: 127.0.0.1

Size: 23.03 KB

Result: Message accepted

49 hours for delivery, ouch. I'm not sure what else it could be beyond Johnny just being too busy to accept it. I'm assuming this happens regardless of what email service the sender used to send the email to you...

I'll escalate it. Krydos might be able to figure out if its on our end.

I tested Johnny email by sending a mail from gmail to Johnny and it arrived within seconds. I'm guessing whatever was wrong is fixed now. Is there a certain email provider that takes a long time to deliver so I can test that? Did you create your account recently? If the DNS wasn't fully set up it might explain the delay.

Let us know if you're still experiencing long waits to receive mail.