[Solved] Database Issue With Johnny

JpTiger

I'm having a problem with databases on Johnny that are used by a wordpress installation or three. I've made an account with the name jptsndbx to host a few small wordpress installations to play around with ideas for sites. Recently I've started upgrading them to wordpress 4.0, which involves an upgrade to the database. However, with two different wordpress installations now (each with their own databases), when I upgrade the site, I get an endless loop of "You must upgrade the database --&--#62; Thanks for upgrading the database, click here to continue --&--#62; You must upgrade the database" etc.

After some research online, disabling plugins via ftp, etc, I found that the problem was buried in an sql table that listed a value that wordpress reads as the current database version. For some reason it wasn't updating. When I tried to change it myself, I get an "unspecified error."

Anything I can be doing on my end to fix this?

Now that cpanel is working again with Johnny, I can be a bit more specific.

I tried "uninstalling" one of the wordpress sites to clear up space. When I tried to drop the tables through phpmyadmin, I get the following:

#2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

Found and fixed the problem. Apparently Johnny has the same MySQL problems that Stevie has with InnoDB not being writeable. I followed the instructions from this thread: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/18875-stevie-mysql-common-questions-and-problems/ to change the format, and then told my wp_config.php file to look for the database in the new format. All fixed!

Still having Internal Server Error issues on occasion while editing, but I'm assuming that just comes with using the less stable more experimental server with more features.