[Solved] Ajax Error When Adding A New Folder On The Document Root Of An Addon Domain

mbdungo

This AJAX error is irritating me when every time I try to create a new folder on the folder of the Document Root of my Addon Domain:

post-43233-0-44164500-1367775885_thumb.png

But after clicking the "OK" button on the alert, the created new folder will appear, I mean, it's created, but still, the error is irritating. But when I try to add a new folder on the folder of the Document Root of my main domain, that error doesn't exist..

Do anybody here experienced the same issue when creating a new folder on the Document Root's folder of an Addon Domain in File Manager?

Is there any way to fix it? My details about what's folder of a Document Root that causes the error when I try to add a new folder and about what's my username, are in the attachment. I hope that irritation can be fixed, thanks!

I think that issue comes from a bad connection in your case. I tend to get the same error on Johnny when he's under high load, but haven't really noticed it on Stevie.

I think that issue comes from a bad connection in your case. I tend to get the same error on Johnny when he's under high load, but haven't really noticed it on Stevie.

And I didn't experience that error when I'm adding a "New Folder" on the Document Root's folder of my main domain.

And until now, I'm experiencing the error.. Is there a possible way to fix it?

You could create your folders and upload files with FTP, or web disk, or the other cPanel file manager, or etc etc. If the tool you're using bugs you so much try a different tool.

• Like 1

I tried testing this out for you creating new directories all over the place (inside addon domains and elsewhere) and trying all sorts of random directory names. I couldn't get that ajax error to pop up a single time. Do you have any particular process that always causes it to come up?

• Like 1

Actually, this thread is a follow up reply to: http://www.helionet....1665#entry91665

But I cannot create a new post anymore in there. So, I've plan to start a new thread, but this time, it's totally in detail!

Okay, when I add a new folder on the folder of the Document Root of an Addon Domain with these actions, I'm getting an alert of AJAX error:

1. When I visit a Document Root in the Addon Domains by clicking a Document Root's link at the bottom.
  2. And start adding a "New Folder".
  3. The "AJAX error; please reload this page and try again." will now alert.

This is another action where I also get a folder creating AJAX Error:

1. When I visit the File Manager in the section "Files" on cPanel.
  2. And then double-clicking the Document Root's folder icon of an Addon Domain.
  3. And now start adding a New Folder.
  4. The "AJAX error; please reload this page and try again." will now appear.

The screen shot of the AJAX error is this:

But when I REFRESH the page before creating a new folder on the document root's folder or when I act like this, the error does not appear:

1. Visit the File Manager in the section "Files" on cPanel.
  2. Click the public_html folder on the sidebar of the File Manager.
    post-43233-0-47471400-1368076667_thumb.jpg
  3. Click the specific Document Root's folder of an Addon Domain in the File Manager's sidebar.
  4. And start adding a New Folder.
  5. Then the directory contents will fetch without any error!

post-43233-0-73669700-1368078161_thumb.jpg

The good thing in the AJAX error is, after clicking the "OK" button on the error alert, the File Manager will "Fetching directory contents" and the new folder will be still successfully created..

Now, I'm thinking to delete my account again and to recreate it with the same username, hoping the error would be fixed.. (I need also to uninstall the WordPress software and its modules on my account. So, an account recreation would still help me to do that, but I can unistall the software in the right way.) I'm just waiting to the command of an admin. Do an admin recommend this? Or can an admin instantly recreate my account, so I wouldn't need to wait to sign up for Stevie account? Or my idea is a bad practice or else?

(Any reply from an admin?)

Well, I already deleted my account, so I could register it again in the near time..

Anyway, anybody could still comment on the action that I've made for solutioning the mild AJAX error..

I don't really understand what the problem is, because you even include in your own post how to fix it? cPanel isn't actually something that Heliohost wrote, we just bought a license for it and run it on our servers. If it was a huge critical error that only affected Heliohost and the cPanel developers showed no signs of ever fixing it then it would be worth it for me to get into the source code and make some modifications, but this is just a tiny cosmetic flaw that results in a popup box if you do a really unique series of actions. It might even be fixed already in a newer version of cPanel that we haven't upgraded to yet. I don't think it really matters either way. If the error prevented some critical action from taking place like you would never be able to create a new directory through File Manager or FTP ever again then it would be worth the effort to fix it. Maybe I just don't understand your post enough to recognize why this is such a life threatening error for you.

Anyways, if it makes you feel better I was able to recreate the same popup box as you describe by following the exact steps that you listed and not any other way. No amount of recreating your account will fix something that affects the whole server.

If the error prevented some critical action from taking place like you would never be able to create a new directory through File Manager or FTP ever again then it would be worth the effort to fix it. Maybe I just don't understand your post enough to recognize why this is such a life threatening error for you.

I think, you understand it well, no critical error.. Because a new created folder even there's an error is still successful created. I'm just a girlish.. And I'm just trying to report the error.

Anyways, if it makes you feel better I was able to recreate the same popup box as you describe by following the exact steps that you listed and not any other way. No amount of recreating your account will fix something that affects the whole server.

I thought, I was the only one who experiencing the mild error. In other way, recreating my account wouldn't be fix the mild error. But it's just okay!

• Like 1