[Answered] Short Time User Traffic Limit

blog2

Hi everybody!

Whenever I'm causing a lot of traffic on my webpage (Stevie), I suddenly can't access my page no more. Neither in my browser nor FTP and it gives me a timeout error. Though my site appears not to be down, as other people can still access it. After a few minutes of inactivity I'm always able to connect to the page again. Is there something like a short time traffic limit, that causes this problem? It really bothers me, cause I'm having a hard time doing backups of my whole page.

It would not surprise me if such a system exists to prevent abuse or malicious use, but I cannot say for certain such a system is in place.

The best way to back up your site is using cPanel's backup tools, then downloading the zip archive it creates.

We do have automatic DoS protection that will keep the server online for everyone when one person is either knowingly or unknowingly causing downtime by opening too many connections. There is also automatic protection against guessing passwords that can lock you out of being able to log in if you continually try to log in with the wrong password.

• Like 1